JAPANESEAccessContactSite Map

Research & Staff
Entrance Exam
Site Map

Entrance Exam

Entrance ExamBriefing SessionsPast ExamNotice of ResultsFAQs

Inquiry about Entrance Exam

    About the entrance examination of SCES, send inquiries to the following Email address. For inquiries about laboratories, make contact with supervisors directly.
    Contact: admission[at]sbk.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Frequently Asked Questions

    Q.Is a special entrance examination for applicants with overseas education offered?
    A. The SCES does not offer it. In the Specialized Subject, questions are given both in Japanese and in English, and also answers in the two languages are permitted.

    Q.How can I get the past examination booklets?
    A.The booklets for the last five years can be downloaded here.

    Q.Can I visit a laboratory after the briefing sessions for the entrance examination?
    A.Yes. Please make contact with the supervisor directly.

    Q.Can I choose any problem in the Specialized Subject for Individual Fields, regardless of the field of my desired supervisor?

    Q.Is a quota fixed for each laboratory?
    A.Yes. Therefore, an applicant is not necessarily assigned to the laboratory of his/her first choice.

    Q.Do I have to submit the TOEFL Institutional Score Sheet with my application? I am not sure if my score will arrive at the Graduate School in time.
    A.We require the Test Taker Score Report at the time of application, as the time it takes for the Institutional Score Report to arrive at the Graduate School varies from case to case. For more information about the score, please read the information on the ETC website.

    > FAQs

Copyright © Department of Socio-Cultural Environmental Studies, The University of Tokyo. All Rights Reserved.